Health Sciences Librarianship | Bibliometrics & Systematic Reviews | Health Information Technology| Usability evaluation/User Experience design
- Cai, Y., Yu, F., Kumar, M., Gladney, R. & Mostafa, J. (2022). Health recommender systems development, usage, and evaluation from 2010 to 2022: A scoping review. Manuscript accepted by International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
- Gao, Y., & Yu, F. (2022). A usability study and prototype redesign of a study room reservation system. Manuscript accepted by iConference 2023.
- Thomas, J., Carlson, R., Cawley, M., Yuan, Q., Fleming, V., & Yu, F. (2022). The gap between technology and ethics, especially in low- and middle-income country health information systems: A bibliometric study. Studies in Health Technology & Informatics. 902-906. doi: 10.3233/SHTI220210. Presentation video
- Adapa K., Tracton G., Mosaly, P., Yu, F., McGurk, R., Moore, C., Dooley, J., Das, S., & Mazur, L. (2022). Human-centered participatory co-design of a dosimetry-quality assurance checklist in an academic cancer center. In: Duffy, V.G. (eds) Digital Human Modeling and Applications in Health, Safety, Ergonomics and Risk Management. Health, Operations Management, and Design. HCII 2022. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 13320. Springer, Cham. doi:10.1007/978-3-031-06018-2_1
- Kahkoska, A., Freeman, N., Jones, E., Daniela, S., Shirazi, D., Page, A., Sperger, J., Tarek, Z., Yu, F., Busby-Whitehead, J., Kosorok, M., & Batsis, J. (2022). Individualized interventions and precision health: Lessons from a systematic review and implications for geriatric research. Manuscript accepted by the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society and currently under review.
- Yu, F., Liu, C., & Sharmin, S. (2022). Performance, usability, and user experience of Rayyan for systematic reviews. Poster abstract accepted and presented at the ASIS&T 2022 Annual Meeting.
- Yu, F., Patel, T., Carnegie, A., & Gaurav, G. (2022). Evaluating the Impact of a CTSA Program from 2008-2022 through Bibliometrics, Social Network Analysis, and Altmetrics. Manuscript submitted to the Journal of Clinical and Translational Science.
- Adapa, K., Das, SK, McGurk, R, Mosaly, RP, Yu, F., Moore, C., Marks, L.B., & Mazur, L. (2021). Evaluating the usability of a dosimetry quality assurance checklist and associated workload, performance and patient safety in clinical settings. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, 111(3), e506. doi: 10.1016/j.irrobp.2021.07.1391
- Llica, B., & Yu, F. (2021). Sustainable user interface generation for digital devices: A case study. Poster proposal accepted and presented at the iConference 2022.
- Yu, F., & Carlson, R. (2021). An observational study on the key research databases to which academic health sciences libraries in North America subscribe and provide access to their served communities. Paper abstract accepted by and will be presented at the Medical Library Association Annual Conference 2022.
- Carlson, R., Jones, E., & Yu, F. (2021). A systematic investigation of librarians’ contribution and impact in Pharmacy research, education, and clinical care through a bibliometrics approach. Paper abstract accepted and presented at the Medical Library Association Annual Conference 2022
- Cai, Y., Ke, W., Cui, E., & Yu, F. (2021). A deep recommendation model of cross-grained sentiments of user reviews and ratings. Information Professing and Management, 59(2), doi: 10.1016/j.ipm.2021.102842
- Jones, E., Mani, N., Carlson, R., Welker, C., & Yu, F. (2021). Analysis of anti-racism, equity, inclusion, and social justice initiatives in library and information science literature. Reference Services Review. ahead of print, doi.org/10.1108/RSR-07-2021-0032
- Mani, N., Hayes, B.E., Dodd, A., Yu, F., & Cawley, M. (2021). Chapter 17. New data-related roles for librarians: Using bibliometric analysis and visualization to increase visibility of research impact. In B. J. Holland (eds.), Handbook of Research on Knowledge and Organization Systems in Library and Information Science. IGI Global Publishing.
- Wang, M., Yu, F., Yang, Y., Walker, J.B., & Mostafa, J. (2021). A systematic review of automatic text summarization for biomedical literature and EHRs. Journal of American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA), doi:10.1093/jamia/ocab143
- Qua, K., Yu, F., Patel, T., Dave, G., Cornelius, K., & Pelfrey, C.M. (2021). Scholarly Productivity Evaluation of KL2 Scholars Using Bibliometrics and Federal Follow-on Funding: Cross-Institution Study. Journal of Medical Internet Research (JMIR). 2021;23(9):e29239. doi: 10.2196/29239
- McCall, T., Ali, M. O., Yu, F., & Khairat, S. (2021). Development of a mobile app to support self-management of anxiety and depression in African American Women: A usability study. Journal of Medical Internet Research (JMIR) mHealth and uHealth, 5(8): e24393. doi: 10.2196/24393
- Adapa, K., Das, S.K., McGurk, R., Mosaly, P.R., Yu, F., Moore, C., Marks, L.B., & Mazur, L. (2021). Evaluating the Usability of a Dosimetry Quality Assurance Checklist and Associated Workload, Performance and Patient Safety in Clinical Settings. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, 111(3).: e506. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2021.07.1391
- Johnson, M.E, & Yu, F. (2021). Clinical research coordinators’ perceptions of electronic data capture systems adopted in clinical research. Accepted by American Medical Informatics Association Annual Symposium, Oct. 30- Nov. 3, 2021, San Diego.
- Adapa, K., Mosaly, P., Yu, F., Moore, C., Das, S., & Mazue, L. (2021). Exploring Association between perceived usability of dosimetry quality assurance checklist and perceived cognitive workload of dosimetrists in radiation oncology clinical settings. Accepted by Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES) 65th International Annual Conference, October 03-08, 2021, Maryland.
- Wang, M., Sharmin, S., Wang, M., & Yu, F. (2021). A mixed-method usability study on user experience with systematic review software. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 58: 346-356. doi: 10.1002/pra2.462 (Conference presentation video)
- Mani, N., Ottosen, T., Fratta, M., & Yu, F. (2021). An analysis of state health department COVID-19 information for the public. Journal of Medical Library Association (JMLA), 109(3). doi: 10.5195/jmla.2021.1165
- Yu, F., & Mani, N. (2021). Comparison of data analytics software usage in biomedical and health sciences research: A case study. In K. Toeppe, H. Yan, & S. K. W. Chu (eds.), Diversity, Divergence, Dialogue: 16th International Conference, iConference 2021, Beijing, China, March 17–31, 2021, Proceedings, Part I (Vol. 12645, pp. 124–136). Cham: Springer International Publishing. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-71292-1_11
- Wu, D., & Yu, F. (2020). Guest editorial. Library Hi Tech, 38(4), 701-703. doi: 10.1108/LHT-11-2020-280
- Yu, F., & Mani, N. (2020). How American academic medical/health sciences libraries responded to the COVID-19 health crisis: An observational study. Data and Information Management, 4(3), 200-208. https://doi.org/10.2478/dim-2020-0013
- Yu, F., Van, A., Patel, T., Mani, N., Carnegie, A., Corbie-Smith, G., Carey, T., Buse, J., & Dave, G. (2020). Bibliometrics approach to evaluating the research impact of CTSAs: A pilot study. Journal of Clinical and Translational Science, 4(4), 336-344. https://doi.org/ 10.1017/cts.2020.29
- Yu, F., Ruel, L., Tyler, R., Xu, Q., Cui, H., Karanasios, S., Nguyen, B., Keilbach, A., & Mostafa, J. (2020). “Innovative UX Methods for Information Access based on Interdisciplinary Approaches: Practical Lessons from Academia and Industry”, Data and Information Management, 4(1), 74-80. doi:10.2478/dim-2020-0004
- Liu, J. Yu, F., & Song L. (2020). A systematic investigation on the research publications that used the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS) Data through a bibliometrics approach,” Library Hi Tech, 38(4). doi: 10.1108/LHT-09-2019-0185
- Xing, Z., Yu, F., Du, J., Walker, J., Paulson, C., Mani, N., & Song, L. (2019). Conversational interface for health – A bibliometric analysis of grants, publications, and patents. Journal of Medical Internet Research (JMIR), 21(11). doi: 10.2196/14672
- Xing Z, Yu F, Qanir YAM, Guan T, Walker J, Song L. (2019). Intelligent Conversational Agents in Patient Self-Management: A Systematic Survey Using Multi Data Sources. Stud Health Technol Inform. 264:1813‐1814. doi:10.3233/SHTI190661
- Xing, Z., Yu, F., & Yuan, X. (2019). Research on voice search behavior in the last 10 years. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 56(1), 819–821. doi:10.1002/pra2.190.
- Yu, F., Smith, A., & Song, L. (2019 October) Information Seeking for Prostate Cancer Treatment Decision Marking: A Natural Language Processing Approach to Analyzing Medical Communication During Consultation Visits. Paper presentation at the 2019 ICCH: International Conference on Communication in Healthcare. October 27 – 30, 2019, San Diego, California.
- Yu, F., Mani, N., & Walker, J. (2019, May). Applying text mining analytics to virtual reference services: A case study on the email question & answer (Q&A) service at an academic health sciences library. Paper abstract presented at the 2019 Medical Librarian Association (MLA) Annual Conference. May 3-8, Chicago, Illinois.
- Mani, N., Tomola, L., & Yu, F. (2019, May). Grant-funded research activities in academic health sciences libraries 2012-2017 and opportunities for career preparation. Paper abstract presented at the 2019 Medical Librarian Association (MLA) Annual Conference. May 3-8, Chicago, Illinois.
- Shin, G., Jarrahi, M. H., Yu, F., Karami, A., Gafinowitz, N., Byun, A., & Lu, X. (2019). Wearable activity trackers, accuracy, adoption, acceptance and health impact: A systematic literature review. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 93. Doi: 10.1016/j.jbi.2019.103153
- Yu, F., Manish, K., & Mostafa, J. (2019, January). A systematic Survey on District Health information System (DHIS): A bibliometric Analysis. In proceedings of ASIS&T Asia-Pacific Region Conference 2019, Cambodia.
- Yu, F., & Hayes, E. B. (2018). Applying data analytics and visualization to assessing the research impact of the Cancer Cell Biology (CCB) Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Journal of eScience Librarianship, 7 (1), 1-20. Doi: 10.7191/jeslib.2018.1123
- Mosaly, R. P., Mazur L. M., Yu, F., Guo, H., Merck, D., Moore, C., Marks, L., & Mostafa, J. (2017). Relating Task Demand, Mental Effort and Task Difficulty with Physicians’ Performance during Interactions with Electronic Health Records (EHRs). International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction. 34(5): 467-475. Doi: 10.1080/10447318.2017.1365459
- Mazure, L. M., Mosaly, R. P., Moore, C., Comitz, E., Yu, F., Falchook, A. D., … Marks, B. L. (2016). Toward a better understanding of task demands, workload, and performance during physician-computer interactions. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 0: 1-8. Doi:10.1093/jamia/ocw016
- Yu, F., Carrasco, V., Mane, K., and Mostafa, J. (2015). Visual-based Interactive Clinical Decision Support Tools: Developing User-centric Approaches. In proceedings of the 2015 American Medical Informatics Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA.