Yu Lab for Research Synthesis and Informatics
Research synthesis is important to evidence-based practice, quality improvement, developing new knowledge, and prospective research and development (R&D). Research synthesis is generated by systematically collecting, selecting, and analyzing eligible studies relevant to research questions. Following a rigorous research protocol to achieve high-quality evidence, research synthesis process is time- and labor-intensive. Although software solutions can be applied to accelerate the process, the usability and user experience (UX) with these tools vary. Yu lab works across disciplinaries and collaborates with industry aiming to enhance methods and processes to research synthesis and innovate UX methods for information access.
- Systematic reviews/scoping reviews/rapid reviews/literature reviews
- UI/UX design & Usability evaluation
- Machine-learning assisted research synthesis
Lab submissions & publications
- Yu, F., & El-Zaatari, H.M. (2022). The application of exponential random graph models to collaboration networks in biomedical and health Sciences: A rapid review. Manuscript submitted to the iConference 2023.
- Gao, Y., & Yu, F. (2022). A usability study and prototype redesign of a study room reservation system. Manuscript submitted to the iConference 2023.
- Yu, F., Liu, C., & Sharmin, S. (2022). Performance, usability, and user experience of Rayyan for systematic reviews. Poster abstract accepted by ASIS&T 2022 Annual Meeting.